Monday, September 12, 2011
The German Intensive Course
Today was the start of the German intensive course. We have yet to discover how long it will be, I thought it was a week, Sol A thought that it was 2 weeks and Eli believes that it is 3 weeks long, so we will just have to wait and see which is correct. The beginning of the course was wonderful because I was sitting behind some exceedingly lovely men. These guys were extra fine, even the guy from Kansas City whom I met today agrees with me. I did not make it into either of their classes, but I have decided that is a good thing, because otherwise I don’t think i would have learned anything besides the wonderful shapes of their butts these next few 1/2/3 weeks. However, Boris (the blonde, nice biceped of the two) took us around downtown Klagenfurt today, telling us about all the local tails and history. Klagenfurt has been destroyed by a fire, a turkish battle, and an earthquake. Also, the black plague went through Klagenfurt twice, killing most of it’s inhabitants on both go-rounds. There are two major legends of the area and the first goes like this… Before there was a Wörtersee (the lake) there was a village where the lake is today. This village was a lot of fun and the inhabitants partied all the time and were always happy (and mostly drunk). One day a small man/elf/thing came along and said to the village people, “If you do not stop all of this partying I will have open up my barrel and pain and destruction will rain down upon you!” However, no one paid any heed to the little man, and instead kept partying and drinking and having fun. The next time the goblin/man/thing came into town, he opened up his tiny little barrel and out rushed the Wörtersee and the whole village and it’s people were washed away. The second tale is of a hippo/worm/dragon that went about eating all the young beautiful ladies in Klagenfurt. This monster lived in the Wörtersee and there are two endings to this legend, one goes that they got the monster attached to a very large hook and all of Klagenfurt chopped it to pieces and the second is that they rang up hercules and he killed the monster for them. The latter is displayed in the town center of Klagenfurt, however Hercule’s penis is covered up by a large claw, animal foot, thing. So instead of looking like a greek statue, he looks like a greek statue with a very sad physical dilemma. After dispersing some of us went to the shopping center where I spoke German to all of the shop keepers!!!! And then Eli and I went and had a cider with her buddy at the Irish Pub, one of the better pubs in town. We went to the Irish pub that is manned by Irish people not random Turkish people. The day was long and now I am tired, and will write again tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the blog updates. I'm glad you're having a fine adventure in Klagenfurt.
ReplyDeleteThis is a paragraph. Just saying. :)
Love you - Uncle Andy