Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bikes

Today was a long day for classes and everyone was tired by the end. The joint study students, the students not from the EU, got to go get their id's today, so we got to skip some of our class. Ellie was excited by this prospect but regretted it later when she came back and she had no idea what was going on. I was also very relieved to have an extra break, however when I returned to class we were talking about clothing, a subject that I have already studied. When the teacher passed out our books today I realized that I have taken this particular German course level twice already, but I am okay with that. Maybe if I pay attention during this one, I can go up a level later. Ellie and Sol A went to go get bikes this afternoon and I joined them. I have decided not to get a bike because it is just a 10 minute walk to the University, however it takes a good thirty minutes to get to the school from Ellie and Sol A's dorm. Diego, a rugby playing, Chilean, exchange student in my intensive course, sent out a post on Facebook about a small bike shop near Concordiaheim (Ellie and Sol A's dorm). While there, we encountered the two Irish students who go to school in Cork, Ireland, Gemma and Daren. They also live in Concordiaheim and were buying bikes. The couple who owned the bike shop where extremely nice and the wife kept offering us free chocolate that we kept turning down after our first. I had my first Mars Bar today and was woefully disappointed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment