Nothing much happened on Friday besides a party on one of the Hostel roofs that wasn't much of a party, more like three tables spread 50 feet apart littered with all kinds of alcohol. No one really mingled or moved away from their table besides Ellie, Gemma, Darren, and I. After a while everyone decided to move the party to the city center and caught the last bus into town. Our first stop was Havana, a bar with interesting people, great rock-n-roll, and overpriced drinks. At one point Darren ordered Vodka, thinking that he would get a mixer with it, but instead they charged him 5 Euro for a glass of straight up vodka. He turned to me and said, "What am I supposed to do with this?" He ended up buying a coke to mix it with. The Turkish girls and Italian girl did not enjoy the music and talked with worried faces about how they did not like the music or the place or the crowd. Everywhere our group went they complained about the crowd, however what do they expect when twenty international students go into a bar. It gets crowded. After Havana, I took a taxi home. Somehow I ended up in a very nice taxi... hmm I wonder how that happened. It was a Mercedes town car and exceedingly comfy. One thing that surprised me was that the taxi driver waited to make sure I got into the building before driving off, not something I am used to from Chicago or New York.
Good man! Papaw
ReplyDelete