Friday, September 16, 2011
Es ist Frietag! Oi, Oi, Oi!
(the title of this is a cheer that my high school German teacher had us cheer before we left class many fridays) Today, I went to the lake with Ellie after class and we swam for two or three hours. We have a lot of the same musical preferences and were swapping band names. At one point Ellie though she saw Sunny on another pier, however I did not have my glasses on, so I could not see. Later that night I found out that it was Sunny. We went back to Ellie's room and had veggie patties and steamed vegetables for dinner before we went to have a drink with Gemma and Darren upstairs. Sol A was supposed to join us, however she had fallen asleep at seven. A guy from Belgium recently moved in across from Darren, so he joined us as well. Around 10 we all walked down to the end of the canal and joined some other students for more drinks. At one point me and Gemma had to go to the bathroom so we went to the one on the street that costs 50 cents to use. When we got out, Ellie was outside and needed to use the bathroom. Because the doors where still open from Gemma and I coming out, Ellie decided no to pay the 50 cents and hop in while the doors were still open. I warned her against this, stating that the bathroom cleans and sprays itself down in between uses. To which Ellie replyed, "I'll be fine". I reiterated the fact that she would be soaked while at the same time encouraging her to see what would happen. Me and Gemma released the door to close, yelling at Ellie to go fast, just in case and that we would wait for her outside. However, we saw Ellie a bit earlier than we expected. A few seconds after the door closed the bathroom dinged and stated that it was still occupied, then the door slid open revealing Ellie on the pot with a very surprised look on her face. Thinking quickly, I jumped in front of the door, trying to block as much of it as possible while keeping watch for passers by. The door slid shut again, and me and Gemma erupted into giggles over Ellie's fate, however the doors dinged, stated that the bathroom was still occupied, and slid open. Again I jumped in front of the door. This happened multiple times until, finally Ellie was done. Amongst our giggling and as the doors slid shut behind her, we heard the self cleaning mechanism start up and Ellie turned to us and stated that we would not have thought it was all that funny if she had come out soaking wet and wanting to go home. We all should be going down to the Irish pub ob Thursday for a cider and a pub quiz. It should be fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment