Today, a group of us went to the Wörtersee. We had been warned that the weather would not stay this nice for long by Ellie's buddy ( I had stated in a earlier post that Ellie is from Austria, this is wrong, she is from Australia). In the afternoon we had, had an exchange student meeting where we learned some useful things from the international office staff. At this meeting we also received a "discount card" from Marco. I used quotations, because that is all he said, so none of us know where to use these discount cards or how to use them, but they were quite the ordeal. Marco had to hand them out and explain how to fill them out in multiple languages, then he had to take all of our pictures, then he had to put them on his computer, then he had to print them, then he had to go find the printer, then he had to cut the pictures, and then he had to put the pictures on everyone's card that he had already handed out. All of this while we sat in a stuffy lecture hall, waiting, with no air conditioning (nothing had air conditioning here besides the buses) . And we still do not really know what these "discount cards" are for.
Sunny (from London), Ellie (from Australia), Gizem (from Turkey), Büsra (from Turkey), and Pedro (from Portugal), and I went to the lake. It was gorgeous, of course, and fun because I got to know Sunny, Gizem, Büsra, and Pedro better. Mostly, just Ellie and I swam. The others laid out in the sun and we all talked. It will be a shame when we can no longer swim.
No comments:
Post a Comment