Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Bus

Today was my first day of class, class. I really enjoy the teacher and I think the next few weeks should be fun. I met a girl from Ireland today and she grumbled a bit about finally meeting someone who really speaks english. She is in the farthest dorm from the University and it is a bit hard for those students to really integrate. Mayumi and Ayaka, the two Japanese girls that I have finally figured out the names of, are in my class as well as two boys from the states, one from Laramie, Wyoming and the other from Kansas City. We were released from class early today because the teacher had a meeting so I went downtown via the bus because I had to cash a check. I had decided not to loiter on a bench to read because I wanted to get to the bank on campus to deposit some money, however that did not quite work out for me. I did end up getting straight back on the bus, however it was the wrong bus. I have never been so happy that I was wrong. The route was through two villages and it was amazing. The main crop that I saw was corn. The scenery was gorgeous with the german houses, corn, hills, mountains, and sky. On the way back into town I noticed the cutest little cafe and I think that I will stop by with friends some time because the view from the deck would be perfect for pictures. I was unable to share a picture of this little jaunt because I left my camera in my room again. The driver had been giving me weird looks during my bus ride because I took the whole loop without ever getting off. I got on downtown and got off downtown. So, I was glad when I was able to get on another bus, however when I got on to get to my final destination, the drivers switched out and I had the same man as my driver again... I did not try to explain my trip to him. I find that it is more fun for someone to just be confused and create their own story to describe an extraordinary situation. I wonder what his explanation of me was. After leaving for downtown around one o'clock, i finally got back at five. Eli and Sol A are coming over to the MozartClub later tonight and, hopefully, I will be able to get some sleep (I almost wrote, "catch some Zzz's... where did that come from?).

3 comments:

  1. What an adventure! You seem to take days like this in your stride and that makes me proud of you! You are kind of a remake of your Mom I think! :)

    We had a nice time at your house in Clive last night and enjoyed helping our day celebrate his birthday.

    Sure hope things continue to go well for you. Much love - papaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! Thanks so much for sharing your adventures with us ~ Love, Aunt Margie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping us updated, babe - I'm loving reading the blog! Hope you are having a good weekend. We saw in the papers here that Oktoberfest has started. Love, Manny

    ReplyDelete