Friday, January 6, 2012

The New Year

My new years resolution this year is to blog more, so here I am. Christmas was amazing. I had the best time at L'Arche Killkenny. We got to go so many places and meet so many people and they were all beautiful. While in Callan we did a lot of eating, cooking, bananagrams, drinking (guiness of course), and hiking. On one of our walks up by Kilmagenny, we made fast friends with some dogs, which I loved due to the fact that I have been dog deprived for a while. Another thing that helped on that score was Hannah. Rachel's friend Hannah was dog sitting the cutest puppy, and I thoroughly enjoyed him. Rachel took us into the city of Killkenny and it was gorgeous and so much fun. (Oh, my goodness I just had one of the hard candies that Uncle Andy sent over and it tastes like dimetapp YUUUMMM!!! :D) In Killkenny we went to the castle and took a tour which was fun to see. My favorite part of the castle was the banisters. Rachel and I had decided that it would have been the perfect place to play hide and seek or sardines. Also in Killkenny we went for a bit of shopping where I bought a 7 euro dress for this summer and afterwords we went to the Mocha Cafe. At Mocha I had a very yummy goat cheese and red pepper jelly, toasted sandwich. Rachel took us to her favorite food store which was this great Asian market with fruits and teas. I got a good throat coat tea there, but I have already run out. On Boxing Day we went to the cliffs of Moher and they were quite majestic, however my favorite place that we went to on that day trip was the Burren. Rachel took us to an area that was very near where Nana, Papaw, Andy, and her stayed while they were in Ireland, and it was amazing and so much fun. We also got to see a lot of cool ruins. They are everywhere in Ireland, and I love it. A little piece of history around every bend.
In London, I stayed with my friend Sunny who lives in Uxbridge which is a part of London that is more in the country side. We went to Tate Britain and saw  some paintings then she took me to her favorite Mexican place which was amazing. Oh, my goodness how much I have missed good Mexican. We then went down Oxford Street where I had the chance to go into a Urban Outfitters and American Apparel. On our second day we went to a shopping center that took my breath away!!!! There were two floors and two sections. The first floor was just like any other mall, but will stores like Hugo Boss and Armani, but the second floor was the height of two stories and each store had both stories filled with stuff. My favorite part was the "Village" which was the designer section with stores like Tiffanys, Mui Mui, and Burberry. At the very end of the "Village" was a designer department store that reminded me a lot of Von Maur. Due to the Starbucks' everywhere, my trip was fueled by my favorite drink of the season, a venti soy peppermint white mocha.
Thank you all for the presents and Mac, I will enjoy it and think of you. I hope your Christmas was great!   

3 comments:

  1. It is wonderful to see you blogging again! It sounds like you had just a perfect time in Ireland and in England too. I loved the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren. We told a boat ride out below the Cliffs and that was spectacular!

    Sure hope you have a fun weekend. Write again soon. I love you! Papaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, Claire, so glad you're back to blogging. Thank you, thank, you!!! and love you!! Aunt Margie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy too that you are blogging again and am glad you had a fabulous time in Ireland. Love, Manny

    ReplyDelete