Friday, January 20, 2012
Snow!!!
I have only encountered Klagenfurt snow two times and both times it has been perfect. The snow here is the best packing snow I have ever come across. Scoop it off a tree, a fence, the ground, anywhere, and it makes the best snow balls. I woke up this morning and looked out the window and the world looked like a snowglobe. I went out to the University to buy my ticket for the ball tomorrow, and the campus was gorgeous! The pictures from the ball should be fun. There is a large chandelier above where smokers usually stand. and everything is covered by a red carpet. On my snowy venture I went to the store to buy myself a new water bottle. I walked along the frozen and snow covered canal to the store. Here is someone else's photo of the canal http://www.flickr.com/photos/peter-piabdesign/5248259411/. There was no one on the path besides me and one runner. He was quite the looker, with long hair and a great big bushy beard. He was gentlemanly enough to hack his loogie after he passed me. The snow is starting to melt already, but I am so glad that I got to feel the sting of snow at least once this season. So far the day is going well :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, just pulled up the photo site you mention--amazing & beautiful. Glad you are enjoying the snow, snow, snow!! Love, Aunt Margie
ReplyDelete